Social Enterprise & Service
Our project-based Citizenship curriculum teaches young people critical life-long skills such as collaboration, resourcefulness and accountability. Pupils take on increasingly responsible leadership roles that culminate in Leadership and Social Enterprise Projects in which they identify a community concern, and then plan, execute and evaluate a project to address it. Through these projects, our pupils:
- Successfully manage challenging projects, from articulating a vision to project realisation
- Anticipate and manage risks through strategic communication
- Understand the role of advocacy
- Manage stressful situations and negotiate with confidence
- Build networks across multiple communities and stakeholders
- Create and manage budgets that align to strategy
- Lead and manage people
- See change through a new lens
Youth Enterprise Challenge
Pupils regularly take part in the Youth Enterprise Challenge to raise money for Rossendale Hospice and recently won the ‘Most Money Raised Per Pupil’ and ‘Greatest Community Involvement’ awards. Pupils took part in a sponsored walk, packed bags for customers at local stores, arranged a football tournament supported by Burnley Football Club and organised a raffle and a cake sale, raising a total of £2875. The money will go towards the care of patients who are living with cancer and other life-threatening conditions and will also help to provide support services for their families.
Pupils also visited the Hospice to meet some of the people who will benefit from their fundraising, and planted bulbs in the Hospice’s garden to help create a relaxing and tranquil space for residents to relax in.